Get a Child on the Site
Only An Garda Síochána Missing Persons Bureau can authorise a missing child being placed on the site.
If your child is missing dial 999 / 112 and report it now.
Ask your Garda contact about ie.missingkids.com, it is not appropriate in all cases.
Find out more about the site – check our FAQs section, it includes information on case suitability and the process for getting a child on the site.
I’ve recognised a child: what do I do?
If you see a child that you believe is featured on the site, do the following:
- Phone the Garda Station for the area in which you saw the child giving details of the time, date and place you saw the child. Note descriptions of any other person (adult or child) that is with the child.
- Do not approach the child or attempt to “rescue” the child. That is for the Gardaí.
- If ANYTHING about the situation causes you concern that the child is in immediate danger, dial 999 / 112 and report the matter to the Gardaí.
- Please remember, the child could have been safely recovered since you saw the child on the site. Even if still missing, recovering a child needs professional expertise and is a job for the Gardaí.
- Tell the Gardaí that you recognise the child from the missingkids web site. This will help their investigation.
- You are a witness to a possible crime. You may be asked to provide evidence for the Gardaí and / or the courts.
This advice would also apply in any situation in which you think a child is being abducted against their will.